Houston Invisalign® Dentist
Achieve the smile you’ve always wanted without the discomfort of metal braces, wires, or rubber bands. Using near-invisible aligners Invisalign will straighten your teeth without taking over your daily life. Instead of painful adjustable wires, Invisalign disposable aligners designed specifically for you will gradually pull your teeth closer together into correct alignment. Invisalign clear braces are:
- Barely Visible: The removable aligners taking the place of traditional braces are virtually invisible. Straighten your teeth without anyone knowing.
- Customized: Barras will make impressions of your teeth to create custom-designed aligners specifically for your use. You’ll start seeing results even before your treatment is fully complete.
- Comfortable: Invisalign aligners fit over your teeth without the use of any painful metal or wires, and do not require uncomfortable adjustments. They can even be removed for meals, tooth care, and for special occasions.
A recent study shows the effect smiles have on social perceptions regarding success, popularity, intelligence, and general health. The virtually-invisible Invisalign aligners straighten teeth discreetly and more comfortably than traditional metallic braces, helping people overcome these perceptions and improving their self-confidence – without anyone being able to tell.
Is Invisalign ® Right for Me?
Invisalign has been used to treat over 4 million people globally. If you’re looking to straighten your teeth, correct an under bite, or close uneven tooth gaps and spaces, Invisalign could be just the solution you’ve been looking for. Invisalign can help you achieve the same results as braces but without painful office visits and unsightly, visible metal tooth mounts. Using Invisalign Dr. Barras can even treat complicated dental cases – you may be surprised!
The Invisalign procedure works great for today’s modern, busy individual. The aligners are easily inserted and removed, and very simple to maintain. The Invisalign aligners (designed especially for your teeth) need only be worn a minimum 20 hours per day allowing for temporary removal if needed. This can be helpful during mealtimes, for ease of brushing and flossing, and for a quick image adjustment in case of a photo, night out, or professional meeting.
The only way to be sure if Invisalign is the right solution for you is to schedule your consultation with Dr. Barras. During your consultation he will examine your situation and personal goals before determining if Invisalign will help you obtain the results you are looking for.
What is the Invisalign ® Procedure?
Invisalign procedures last an average of 12 months and require fewer visits to the dentist than traditional metallic braces.
- Your first step is to contact Dr. Barras’ Houston office for your Invisalign consultation. During your consultation you will be able to ask questions, see the typical results you may expect, and Dr. Barras will recommend a course of treatment based on the combination of your goals and his own experience. The designs for your Invisalign aligners will be created and ordered during this visit. These aligners are made of a thermoplastic material manufactured specifically for Invisalign, and resemble teeth-whitening trays.
- Your disposable Invisalign aligners must be worn for a minimum 20 hours per day to achieve the best results. You should remove your aligner for brushing and flossing, and during meals. You will visit with Dr. Barras incrementally to monitor your progress. Since there are will be no wire adjustments to be made, Invisalign follow-up visits are considerably shorter (and far less painful) than those for traditional metallic braces.
- The average length for an Invisalign procedure is 12 months; most patient treatments extend anywhere between 9 to 15 months to fully achieve desired results. The severity of the case and patient personal goals will both affect procedure length. Since there are no cumbersome braces to remove, when you’ve completed your Invisalign procedure simply discontinue wearing your aligner.
Even with the numerous advantages Invisalign has to offer, the cost for an Invisalign procedure is still quite often comparable to the cost for traditional metal braces. Ultimately, procedure costs will vary based on patient goals and case severity. Due to the unique nature of every patient’s smile Dr. Barras cannot provide a quote for procedure cost or duration without first visiting with a patient to make an assessment.
If you’re ready for all the benefits a straighter smile can provide without the hassle, discomfort, and appearance associated with traditional metallic braces, Invisalign might be just the right dental procedure for you. Achieving the perfect smile you’ve always wanted is now easier than ever before. Contact us today for your free consultation and see what Invisalign can do for you.