Nothing you wear is more important than your smile. It’s the key to beauty, and to conveying your personality to others. Because your smile is so central to your appearance, and because it conveys to those around you not only how you look, but also your attitude and mood, you want it to be beautiful and healthy.
If you are unhappy with your smile, or if you simply want to improve the way you look, there is a solution. Call our office to make an appointment to discuss what a smile makeover can do for you, as well as no interest financing.
The Smile Makeover Process – Determining Your Ideal Smile
The process begins with a complete oral health examination. At our dental practice, your health always comes first. What follows are the steps we take to provide you with your ideal smile:
- We address any health issues prior to beginning the cosmetic dentistry process.
- You will have the opportunity to look at before and after photos, as well as showing us pictures you may have seen, to understand your goals and the particular smile you would like to achieve.
- Dr. Barras will examine your smile and identify teeth that may be cracked, broken, discolored or misaligned.
- Dr. Barras will use various techniques, including shade tabs, digital x-rays, computerized programs and the creation of wax models. He will discuss with you color, size, shape, anatomy, translucency, and all the factors that go into making your smile what you want it to be.
In this way we can show you in advance how your smile will look after your makeover.
No Surprises – Making Sure that Your Smile Makeover is to Your Liking
Once you identify the smile that you feel suits you best, several steps are involved in actually creating your new smile:
- We will take impressions of your teeth and send that out to the lab.
- The lab will create mock-ups, or models, of your teeth.
- You will have the opportunity to look at the models to make sure that they represent what you want your teeth – and your smile – to look like after the makeover. You’ll leave the office with the design that you picked out.
- You’ll have a period of days to become accustomed to the new look. If adjustments need to be made, we will make them, including rounding corners, making a tooth straighter, or similar modifications.
- When you are satisfied with your new smile, we take pictures and more impressions. These are sent to the lab, which is now ready to make the porcelain veneers or crowns in accordance with your liking.
- You will return to the office to try on the new mock-up. If any additional adjustments need to be made. we send it back to the lab so that the final product is exactly what you want.
- Only when you are completely satisfied do we cement the veneers and crowns on permanently.
While the process calls for care and precision, the time frame from beginning to end could be as little as a few weeks.
Aesthetics and Function Working Together – Houston Neuromuscular Dentist
Dr. Barras has had several years of additional training after dental school in the area of neuromuscular dentistry. One of the things a neuromuscular dentist does is to examine your bite and determine whether it is in a good position. If not, it could lead to cracking or breaking of your new porcelain veneers. Dr. Barras will put the porcelain crowns and veneers in a good bite position to avoid problems that might otherwise occur, and ensure that they last a long, long time.
If you would like to transform your smile, call Dr. Barras to schedule an appointment. See how you can benefit from a smile makeover, improve your appearance, and do wonders for your attitude and self-esteem.