Houston Porcelain Crowns
A porcelain dental crown (also known as a dental cap) is a covering that fits completely over an entire tooth. These natural-looking crowns restore teeth back to their natural shape, size, and color seamlessly. Additionally, porcelain crowns add strength and support when used in conjunction with other dental procedures. Cosmetic dentist Dr. John Barras may recommend porcelain dental crowns to:
- Repair small cracks and/or chips in teeth
- Prevent further damage to decayed or weak teeth
- Provide additional support for a dental bridge
- Eliminate small gaps and spaces between the teeth
- Conceal tooth discoloration or stains
- Aid with dental filling, root canal, and implant procedures
Crowns support damaged or weak teeth by encasing the tooth in a complete covering preventing further damage. Crowns can also be used to create firm anchors for dental bridges adding strength and support for the bridge. Placed over existing teeth crowns can be used to close small gaps between teeth, helping eliminate unwanted tooth spacing quickly and easily. Patients with grey, discolored, or stained teeth can use crowns as a concealer, restoring a bright and uniform smile. Patients who suffer from cavities but lack enough remaining tooth structure to support a filling can utilize crowns to provide additional support.
Same-Day Porcelain Crowns by Dr. Barras, DDS
Depending on your individual case and needs you may be eligible for Dr. Barras’ same-day porcelain dental crowns. Using the latest in advanced dental technology Dr. Barras can create same-day custom porcelain crowns right in our Houston office! With state-of-the-art E4D CAD/CAM dental technology Dr. Barras first produces a digital scan of your tooth. The crowns are then designed, created, milled, and fitted – all during the same visit. Every smile is unique and same-day crowns may not be appropriate for all patients. During your initial examination, Dr. Barras will be able to determine if same-day crowns are appropriate to treat your dental needs.
Porcelain Crown Procedure
For patients requiring traditional crowns, an impression is first made of your teeth and mouth during a visit with Dr. Barras. The tooth or teeth receiving crowns will be shaped and prepped by Dr. Barras after using local anesthetic. During this visit, you may be fitted with a temporary crown to protect the exposed tooth. The impression is then sent to a laboratory for crown design and fabrication. Once the crown is made and received, the temporary crown is removed and the permanent crown is then bonded to the existing tooth. Both will be made to match the color and appearance of your existing teeth.
Restore Your Smile
Crowns are a permanent solution for repairing badly damaged or decayed teeth, and for preventing active damage from continuing. Made entirely from porcelain, crowns are strong; they will not stain and are highly-resistant to damage and impact. Each crown is custom made to achieve maximum satisfaction in both appearance and function. Porcelain crowns are made of biocompatible material, removing the risks of allergic reaction or gum irritation. Crowns are specially designed to blend with your existing teeth; Dr. Barras uses smooth, translucent crowns shaped exactly according to your needs creating a seamless, natural-looking repair.
Porcelain crowns by Dr. Barras are:
- Strong: Crowns are made from durable porcelain resistant to both damage and staining. Advancements in technology have made porcelain stronger and more durable than ever before. When bonded, crowns have strength similar to enamel.
- Secure: Crowns are permanently secured to your tooth eliminating the common risks associated with dentures such as slipping, shifting, or becoming otherwise dislodged.
- Restorative: Covering damaged, broken, chipped, or decaying teeth creates a healthy and uniform smile. Stop damage in its tracks.
- Attractive: Porcelain crowns enable patients to restore a bright, vibrant, and natural-looking smile by safely and discreetly repairing or concealing damaged or decayed teeth.
- Empowering: A smile altered by damaged or decayed teeth can often have a negative effect on your attitude and can even alter how you speak. Porcelain crowns improve the smile and assist with how well you’re able to form words, helping to regain and build confidence.
Porcelain dental crowns have many applications for helping achieve the smile you are looking for. If you think crowns might be the right dental solution for you or would like to know more about same-day porcelain crowns by Dr. Barras, contact our Houston office located in the Galleria area today to schedule your initial examination. After your comprehensive examination, Dr. Barras will make recommendations for correcting or preventing any issues or concerns. Every patient has their own unique smile; we cannot make estimates for procedure duration or cost over the phone. If you are ready to take the next step toward a bright and healthy-looking smile, contact us today!